This is a PR friendly blog!
Who is doing the blogging/reviewing?
I’m Andrea, a 20-something wife to Will and the writer of Let’s Call It Crispy. In January of 2011, when we first started trying to conceive, I became interested in cloth diapering. That basic interest in cloth diapering lead to the desire to switch our entire lifestyle. In the beginning, honest blog reviews of cloth diapers, green cleaning products, weight loss products, and more all proved to be invaluable sources of information that helped launch the lifestyle transformation. I have reached the point where I want to share our ongoing, ever-evolving, journey with others in hopes that it helps someone else transform their lifestyles as well, and part of that is also providing honest product reviews. My hope is that Let’s Call It Crispy will be exactly that. My household consists of myself, my husband, and our dog so we will be the ones reviewing the products mostly.
We are a currently trying to conceive, green cleaning, composting, trying to lose weight couple. Products that are eligible for review at this time include:
- Products designed for couples trying to conceive
- Environmentally friendly household products such as cleaners, etc.
- Skincare/beauty/hygiene products, such as soaps, shampoos, deodorants, laundry detergents, etc.
- Almost any healthy weight loss products (this includes DVDs, recipe books, healthy eating products, etc.)
- When in doubt, ask! Anything that can enrich lives interests me.
What are the review policies?
- You will not be charged for a review.
- In order to perform a comprehensive, thorough review, we ask that a full-size product (just as a consumer would purchase) be sent for review. The review items become mine, and the items will not be returned. To ensure accuracy of the review, the product will be used more than once before the review post is published.
- Shipping costs of the review products are the responsibility of the sponsor or person sending the review items.
- Once confirmation that the product has arrived, reviews will be completed within 2-3 weeks unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Content of the reviews will be agreed upon beforehand, but will generally include pictures of our family using the review items, product details, appropriate links to Facebook pages and/or websites, and will always be honest. Once the review is completed, a link will be emailed to you.
- In the event of a negative review, you will be notified before the review post is published. Please understand that constructive criticism or suggestions for improvement will most likely exist even in positive reviews.
- If your product becomes a favorite in our household and we find it incredibly helpful or we love it, chances are it will keep getting talked about on Let’s Call It Crispy. Awesome stuff doesn’t easily get forgotten about around here.
What are review+giveaways and how do they work?
It is encouraged that a giveaway accompanies the review, as giveaways are one of the best ways to gain product exposure. Readers take more notice of a review when the opportunity to try a product out is associated with the review post. When I read reviews with a giveaway, I tend to feel that the company really believes it has a good product that will help families. Therefore, I’m more likely to take notice. Reader discount codes rock as well!
Review+giveaway polices include everything listed above for reviews, and:
- The giveaway will be open for an agreed upon period of time, set up prior to the giveaway opening.
- The giveaway product will be described in full prior to the review+giveaway post. The product being given away cannot be the same product used for the review (for example, I will not send a winner the product that was sent to me for review). A second, unused item will be sent to the winner by the sponsor or sponsor’s PR company.
- The giveaway will be promoted in the review post, on the Let’s Call It Crispy Facebook page, as well as Twitter, and Google+.
- Entries to the giveaway can include visiting the sponsor’s Facebook page, subscribe to a newsletter, follow you on Twitter, sending them to a website, etc. However, due to Facebook rules, no action other than liking a page can be used as an entry requirement. For example, they can like your page, but they cannot like a specific status update or comment on your wall.
- Upon the close of the giveaway, the winner will be drawn randomly and and an email notification will be sent. Their shipping and any other necessary information will then be sent directly to the sponsor. The sponsor or the sponsor’s PR company are responsible for shipping the winner the giveaway prize, not me. We ask that the giveaway prize be shipped to the winner within a reasonable time frame.
If you are interested in contacting me to do a review or host a giveaway, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your information.